How to Install System Software on:
El Capitan OS X 10.11 and Sierra OS X 10.12
Unfortunately El Capitan os x 10.11 for Mac is like Win10 for Windows – Neither are LightScribe friendly.
It’s the fact that the problem stems from the fact that HP stopped developing the software back in March 2013 – nearly 3 years now long before El Capitan was released! They (the wise guys at Mac HQ) have done something different this time, as Yosemite OS X 10.10 was fine…
However folks much smarter than I am have found the cause of the problem and have sent me the solution…
My thanks go to, Stefan Ilchenko and Jo Vandeweghe – Thanks guys… 🙂
However please understand I am not a Mac expert so I offer this to you to try but can’t offer any direct support on its implementation…
The Problem With El Capitan OS X 10.11
The cause is the SIP (system integrity protection) enabled.
To disable follow these steps:
- Boot to Recovery OS by restarting your machine and holding down the Command and R keys at startup.
- Launch Terminal from the Utilities menu.
- Enter the following command: csrutil disable
- Reboot your computer.
- Download newest Lightscribe Host software; expand the .tar file on the desktop
- Install Pacifist 3.5.7 version and install the lightscribe.pkg file with Pacifist.
- Then you can, with the terminal command “csrutil enable”, as action describe above, enable the SIP again.
Et voilà, the LACIE lightscribe software and Disc Cover 3, come back to recognize the Lightscribe drive.
I hope this works for you as it has for many other long suffering El Capitan users…
Please share this using the buttons below if you find it usfull.
Let’s help as many LightScribe users to keep on Scribing… 🙂